What is the Kickstart Scheme?
The Kickstart Scheme provides funding to employers to create new 6-month job placements for young people who are currently on Universal Credit and at risk of long-term unemployment. This Scheme is part of the government’s Plan for Jobs and aims to create hundreds and thousands of new, fully funded jobs across England, Scotland and Wales.
How does the Scheme work?
The scheme is a subsidised programme where the Government pays £6500 to cover the wage, national insurance and pension contributions of individuals for 25 hours a week with an up to an additional £1500 per placement to help with other costs such as set up costs, training, travel and uniform.
When will the Kickstart Scheme start?
The first placements are likely to be available from November 2020.
What will the funding include?
Funding will cover for each job placement:
- 100% of the relevant National Minimum Wage for 25 hours a week
- the associated employer National Insurance contributions
- employer minimum automatic enrolment contributions
- There will also be extra funding to support young people to build their experience and help them move into sustained employment after they have completed their Kickstart Scheme funded job.
Is my business eligible?
Any business is eligible, the only requirement is the vacancies meet the following criteria:
- Be new vacancies not advertised elsewhere
- At least 25 hours a week for 6 months
- Pay the National Minimum Wage
- Not require extensive training
- Not cause existing employees or contractors to lose hours
How will Links2Work help my business?
Links2work are a registered Training Provider on the Kickstart Scheme and will support your business and the young people by providing employability training and support.
How do I register for Kickstart with Links2Work?
Please complete the attached Links2Work Kickstart Registration Form and remember to return to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23 October 2020.
Where can I go for more information about the Kickstart Scheme?
Links2Work are a Kickstart Scheme registered training provider and you can contact Shanzeeda Chowdhury, Head of Strategy and Engagement for more information in how to register your business and vacancies by emailing Shanzeeda.Chowdhury@links2work.co.uk
You can also access information on the Government’s Kickstart page: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/kickstart-scheme